Friday, December 19, 2008

Yay Friday! Fridays are always so fun because you don't have class the next day. I finally got together with my friends from class and we went out. It was soooooo much fun! I spoke so much chinese too! I went out to dinner to this restaurant that is famous for their Xiao long bao. It was really cheap and yummy too! We got a total of 8 dishes for the 4 of us. The total bill with tip came out to 1,045 NT$ which translates approximately to $35 US. It's so cheap. I only had to pay about $8. And then we went to Starbucks because one of our friends decided to treat us all to coffee. That was so nice of him. So we all sat in Starbucks and drank our coffee's and chatted for about 45 minutes or so. One of my friends is a Monk from Nepal. He is the one that treated us to the coffee. He is the only one of the four of us that cannot speak english. I think that it is fun to talk to him because i'm forced to use the chinese i've learned in class to communicate with him. His chinese is pretty good. The only reason he is in my class is because he cannot read and write. The other two people are from Japan and Malaysia. They are fun too! Then after coffee we randomly decided to go out to drink. So the Monk had to say goodnight (because that's a big no no for him) and the three of us went out. It was fun! I had two...that's right TWO whole beers all by myself...hahhaha! Since we ate so much and then had coffee, we were all too full to drink a lot so we just drank a little and hung out. We knew that we didn't want to have too much because it was getting late, so we went to TGI Fridays. We all decided to go out next week too. Whoo hooo! The plan is to go to a yakatori place. It's a japanese bbq place. On Friday nights, there is a 50% off all beer special. So I guess we have to go check it out...hahaha. Anyways....I had a lot of fun tonight. I hope you guys enjoy my pictures!

2 comments:

vinbiezel said...

yakItori ;p

sounds like fun though!

Unknown said...

I think that's more beer than I've ever seen you drink... I'm jealous.