Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Whoo hoo...Street food! Hahaha. After class today I went to Gong Guan just to hang out and walk around. I decided that I should try and order some food...just for fun. So while I was walking down one of the alleys...I saw some one eating this Chinese bread sandwich thingy...and I was like, "that looks good! I want one of those". I started to look for it. I saw a place that had a nice big line. And it was the place! So I got in line and was like...hmmm...how do I order??? Since I can't read yet...and I had no idea what these sandwich thingys were called, I asked the vendor to give me his favorite one...Hahaha! He understood me! No questions or funny looks! I guess he could tell I was a foreigner. And as I had predicted, it was delicious. It was this chinese steamed bread with pork, parsley, onion, and a peanut topping. Mmmmmmmm!


Oh yeah and here is a picture of my school and my place. The closest building is where my class is. The further building is where my apartment is. I really live about 2 minutes away! All I have to do is cross the street...it's so great! So that about covers what I did today. I went to school and then I went out to eat. Now I have to do some homework!

2 comments:

Vinnie Burns said...

you're so lucky you live that close! also, next time you're buying something but don't know what to say... just point and say 'zhe ge' 'na ge' or 'yi ge' !! haha.

Unknown said...

Nice action shot of you eating the random pork thing! :) I can't say I agree with you when you say it "looks delicious"... but I'll take your word for it.