Saturday, February 28, 2009

Ok ok... So it's been a while again... BUT, here I am. I had such a great week!!! Last week on Thursday I had my first quarter final. I did really well, but it did take me 3 hours to complete! Then on Friday morning at 4:50 AM, yeah you heard me... 4:50 AM, I went to the airport to pick up Chris. It was worth it! I really missed him. It was so great having him here. I hadn't seen him in almost 3 months. Another great reason it was nice having him here, was that I got to practice my Chinese. I got to show Chris that being here has been so good for me. I was actually translating between him and my family. It was a lot of fun.

While Chris was here we went to a bunch of hot spots in Taipei. We went to Taipei 101, Sogo (a Japanese department store), Shida Night Market, Shilin Night Market and the Taipei zoo. And we ate a bunch of food! We had dan bing, dou jiang, cong you bing, zhen zu nai cha... in english that translates to: egg burrito, soy milk, green onion pancake and tapioca milk tea. We didn't eat anything too weird, but I did get him to try stinky tofu! Yum! Hmmm and he had gelatinous pigs blood and an oyster egg omelet. All really yummy stuff... minus the pig's blood.

Overall, it was nice to hang out with my boyfriend again. I missed being with him and I missed hanging out. It was something I needed. I still love it here in Taiwan, but it's always nice to get a visit from home! Now I have to wait until May to see someone else! My break is almost over and I have to get ready for school again. It starts up Monday! Jia You!

I hope you had a nice visit Chris! I already miss you!

No comments: