Monday, February 9, 2009

Lantern Festival!

So yesterday was the big day for the Lantern festival. I went to Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall to see a huge display of the lanterns. I thought it was pretty cool. There were many levels of lanterns. Some were made by random organizations, high school students and even middle school students. Overall, I thought they all looked pretty good. The theme this year was the ox because it's the year of the ox. But not to worry... there were a few random non-ox ones as well. I have to say though, this picture with the rhino in it was probably my favorite one. All the animals looked like they were having so much fun! Hehe.

Yesterday was the official last day of the Chinese New Year celebration. In the good 'ole days, (wayyyyy back) Chinese New Year was celebrated for about a lunar month. The last day was signified by a full moon. On that last day, the Lantern festival was held. And then on that day, you have to eat tang yuan...a glutinous rice ball thing with stuff in the middle...in a soup. I know it's kinda funny looking..but it's tradition...and it's quite a yummy one too! Anyways...back to the Lantern festival. I went there with my cousins and took a bunch of pictures for you to see. So check out the new album titled lantern festival! (Give me at least a day after this post to get them all uploaded...my internet is still extremely slow!)

No comments: