Sunday, November 30, 2008

The weekend is over...school starts tomorrow. Ahhhh, what to wear! Haha just kidding. I suppose my vacation is over. It was a nice week. This weekend I got a cell phone. I was soooo happy to get it. I felt oh so naked without one. Now I can call people if I get lost, check what time it is, and hopefully get phone calls from friends! Other than that, nothing exciting happened. I spent most of my time hanging out with my family. Saturday I got the cell phone and then spent the day with my Aunt and my cousin while they went shopping for a lap top in Taipei. Then Sunday I went to Hukou to see the rest of my family. It was fun.

I guess the only crazy thing that happened was my freaking out that I didn't have any hot water for a night. My cousin spent the night with her Dad in another city while I stayed home by myself on Saturday. No big deal...but when I went to take a shower Saturday night...the water was cold! So I decided that I wasn't really that stinky...hehe, and went to bed without the shower. I assumed that I would have hot water in the morning for some reason. But when I got up in the morning to take a shower, the water was still cold! I started to get all annoyed. I kept looking at this gas water heating thingy. I knew that there was suppose to be a pilot light on...which wasn't on...and i didn't know how to fix it. And I was all by myself. So I freaked out.

I had to muster up the courage to call my Uncle for help! So I was forced to speak Chinese!!! I managed to explain to him that the water wasn't hot...and he said he'd come over to see what was wrong...Yay! (He lives down the street) He came over and was like...you need a new battery. That was it!!! Lame....I couldn't figure it out... HAHAHA, at least I have hot water now. I'm such a wuss...and I guess a little spoiled!

That's all I have for you guys now...maybe next time I'll have something more interesting...we'll see, HAHAHA!

3 comments:

Christopher Michael said...

Post a picture of the gas water heater!

vinbiezel said...

haha, good job. I'm glad you mustered up the courage to talk to san-yi-fu. he'll always be glad to help you out...just watch out for his driving!! ;p

Unknown said...

Hahah, I had a similar experience when I visited my friend Roger in Oxford. They had this electric water heater thing, and I couldn't for the life of me figure out how I was supposed to use it, and I was too embarrassed to ask. Eventually I just started playing with it until it worked...