Wednesday, November 26, 2008

So yesterday was a pretty chill day. I didn't do much during the day. Went food shopping at a place called "Wellcome"....don't know why they need the extra "l"... but it's not really my problem. I was pretty happy with the place. I found that I can get produce and meat there, and it's walking distance. I'm still trying to figure out where everything is so that when school starts, I'll be all set.

Then after I had dinner, my cousin and I went to Shilin Night Market. It is the biggest night market in Taipei. There were a lot of "interesting" things there. Definitely a lot of strange foods. I took a picture of one of the street vendor's cart. Mmmmm....ok not really...hahaha! I didn't try any of these foods. It was just fun to look at. The one thing I will for sure try...eventually, is stinky tofu. It's suppose to smell puttrid, but taste good. Not quite sure how that'll turn out...I'll let you know. I spent most of my time at the "claw" game place. I don't know the correct term for these games, so from now on, it will be known as the claw game! Anyways, I played a few and and mostly lost, but i did win twice! I won a mini Super Mario Red Mushroom key chain thingy and a hello kitty bag. I knew what I was getting into with the mushroom...but the bag was the result of picking a box with a prize written on a piece of paper inside of the box. My cousin and I wanted to win a talking stuffed parrot...but no such luck. But you just wait! By the end of the year we'll have that parrot! Hehehe.

Well, that was yesterday...Today I went to the Taipei Zoo. It's a lot bigger than I thought it was. I probably only saw about a third of it. I did of course, made sure that I saw the insectarium! I was quite pleased with it. There were a lot of butterflies. In fact there were just as many cool "wild" butterflies outdoors as there were indoors. I didn't really get to take to many pictures...i forgot to charge my battery...lame... But I did get a few nice ones. So I guess I'll have to go back and finish the rest of the zoo. And I need to pick a nice warm day so all the bugs will come out and play.

Well that about covers these last two days. I have just the weekend left to play. School starts Monday. I'll find out when my classes are tomorrow...then my mini vacation is over. Then hopefully I can talk to people without feeling like a dummy! Anyways, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you at home!

4 comments:

vinbiezel said...

good post-- I like the pics! it makes me nostalgic for street food *drool*

Rob said...

Are they drinking boba tea in that picture?

Unknown said...

Look at those professional pictures. Taiwan seems to be pretty sweet. Enjoy the other side of the world.

Unknown said...

Are those pea-pod shaped dildos in the claw machine thing?

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!