Monday, November 24, 2008



So it's begun...I finally made the decision to go to Taiwan to study...and here I am. It's been 5 days. I arrived nice and early (5:45 am) Friday November 21. A whole 25 minutes early! So I sat around and began to take in the surroundings. Since then, I have been to Zhoung Li, Hokou and Taipei visiting all my relatives and then moving in to my apartment. After I got all my stuff put away, I went to school to register. And I found out that I practically live on campus! All I have to do is cross the main street right next to my apartment and i'm not only on campus, but the first building on campus is mine. Ahhh...laziness. How great this will be! Hahaha!

I'm excited to start school again. It's been a while. It'll be nice to know how to communicate with people. So far it's been interesting "talking" to people. Everything I say is so basic that I actually want to stat school soon just so I can go order some food or ask a stranger for directions! I've been relying on my family way too much. One funny thing I noticed is that every time I visit Taiwan, people like to give me free stuff. Hahaha! I was shopping for some fruits with my Aunt and she asked if I had ever tried this fruit called "budda's head" (i'll have to take a picture of it next time)...which I replied that I hadn't. And the owner overheard us and decided to give one to me as a welcome gift. Hahaha! It was yummy.

I know it's only been 5 days, but I miss all of you at home! I hope you all have a nice Thanksgiving! I'll try to post as often as I can. My next one will definitely include some pictures. Enjoy the holiday everyone!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds exciting! I wish my commute was as short as yours =P

Christopher Michael said...

Pictures or it didn't happen!

Unknown said...

So, I've been meaning to catch up on your blog, and email you for a while... but I am horrible at keeping up with people when they aren't within an hour's drive. So, I'm going to read your blog from beginning to end, and comment as I go through, kind of as if I've actually been keeping up in real time, but not really, because we all know that's not true...