Friday, January 2, 2009

Ok...so I can't post a video because my Internet won't let me. I'll find a place with a better connection! Instead, I'll leave you with a few pictures. Also, I'll tell you what I did on the January 1, 2009. Hmmm...well, I didn't do too much since I stayed up so late the night before. I went to TGIF the night before just so I could get a fruity drink before the festivities. It was quite yummy. I think this place is becoming my "bar" of choice because I can actually read the menu. ;-) After the fireworks were over, I walked home and then stayed up and watched a movie. Then passed out around 3ish. The next day... I think I woke up around 12ish. I hadn't planned on doing much, but since I had the day off, I decided to go out to a night market. I went with 2 of my cousins to Shilin night market. It was fun. I bought 2 shirts from a place called NET....it's suspiciously similar to the GAP. Haha! Seriously! The store title is exactly like the Gap, but it has Net in the blue box with white letters. Anyways, I got some clothes there really cheap. It was like 400 NT (which is roughly $15 or so). I love sales! While I was at the night market I also played some games. I won 2 small stuffed animals...well actually they are more like stuffed vegetables. I can't get enough of these games. I only go to this night market just so i can play these games...hahaha. And the other thing I did was try the one food that I hadn't had yet in Taiwan...STINKY TOFU!!!! AHHHHH....hahaha. actually it was pretty tasty. I got it barbecued. I was told fried is better, but i figure they taste about the same...and definitely smell just as bad. Then my cousins decided to get "ji pie" haha aka "fried chicken". And I think that was all for that night. I had to get home to study for a test....so that's how my first day of 2009 went down. I hope you all enjoyed your day off too!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm intrigued by this stinky tofu...

By the way, speaking of stinky tofu, I finally cleaned out the fridge in the house... (it hasn't been cleaned out since you left, since I think you and I are the only ones that every throw shit out...) Anyway, there were two large packages of tofu in a bag... Are those yours?

Happy New Year!