Wednesday, April 8, 2009

So I went to this International Bakery Exhibit a little while ago...surprise right, and I finally uploaded my pictures. I already forgot all the cool things they had there. It was like watching the food network, but I was actually there in the showrooms. There were pastry competitions going on with live cameras and TV screens for everyone to see the action. Also, there were pastry chef creating chocolate sculptures. Which by the way, are really awesome to see in person. Check out the little fishys on the left hand corner of the picture with the guy working on the sculpture. They are so cute! And then the fun recreation of Taipei 101. That's a lot of chocolate. I wonder what they do with the sculptures after they are done? Like I said, it's a lot of chocolate. I can't imagine them just taking a picture of it and then throwing it away...hmmm. I guess I'll have to google it and see. Then again, I've watched enough food network challenges to know that half of the time, chef's use something non edible as a base. So maybe there really isn't that much chocolate used after all.

I went to this Exhibition because I was hoping there were going to be a bunch of supplies being sold. People in Taiwan don't own ovens, so they don't have use for baking supplies. But, people are starting to buy ovens. It's becoming a lot more popular. I on the other hand, just love to bake. I already own a oven and was just scouting the place for more fun baking utensils. Unfortunately, the only things that were on sale were machinery for bakeries. Things that were way too big for me to buy. And too expensive! At least I got some gelato out of it!

No comments: