Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wow has this been a busy month so far! My parents were here for 2 weeks so I tried my best to spend as much time as I could with them. I went out to eat with them a few times a week and I also went to Hukou for the whole weekend just so I could spend more time with them. Aren't I a good daughter...haha. So one of the highlight of their trip here was going to a restaurant called Jurassic (aka the Indian...don't know how this nickname came about). It was a pretty cool place. The decor was quite fun. It was set up with a bunch of dinosaur bones. The best part of this restaurant was that I got to have a beer to go with my fired crickets, yum! I figured I'd be daring and give it a go. It tastes just like soft shell crab! Then there was someone singing and playing music. Overall it was a fun place!

Then I got a job. So while my parents were here, I was also training for my new job. I'm going to teach English to kids. It'll be interesting. I have already taught one class...I think it went ok. Good thing this is my level! Hahaha...The only bummer about teaching is that I have to do it on a Saturday. It just means that I can't go out of Taipei. I guess I can't complain. I need some money. So...you gotta do what you gotta do!

No comments: